The Food Technology Study Program produces qualified graduates possessing an entrepreneurial spirit in the field of food technology to produce findings, concepts, information and ideas in food processing technology.
This study program provides knowledge, insight, and experience on food processing technology in order to achieve efficient processing and be able to produce healthy, safe, attractive, and high value food products.
What Students Learn in the Food Technology Study Program
The courses in Food Technology Study Program consist of compulsory and elective courses.
Some of the compulsory courses include the following:
- Food Chemistry and Biochemistry, Knowledge of Materials, Food Nutrition,
- Food Processing Technology (Vegetation and Animal), Food Analysis
- Food Quality Control and Sensory Test
- Food Entrepreneurship and Food Marketing Management
Some of the elective courses include:
- Processing Technology (PT) for various processed food products (bread and cakes PT, milk PT, sugar and confectionary PT, coffee and chocolate PT, tea PT, drinks PT, noodles and pasta PT,)
- Traditional Food Fermentation Technology; Food Biotechnology
- Functional Food Technology; Fortification and Nutrition Formulation; Nutrition Evaluation
- Production Planing Inventory Control
Quality of Academic Environment
Academic activities in the Food Technology Study Program not only include lectures and lab work on campus, but also research and community services, conducted as a collaboration between lecturers and students. Students can engage in research that is applicable or can be implemented in the real world as a provision for food entrepreneurship.
Food Technology Study Program has always been a partner of government institutions such as The National Agency of Drug and Food Control of Republic of Indonesia (BPOM), Food Security Agency (BKP), and Public Health Office, in conducting community development and services.
In order to support the needs of having more Food Technologists in this multinational industry era, therefore since 2010, collaboration with The Hague University – Netherland has been formed through a Double Degree 3 + 1 program for fourth semester students who have high achievement, ability and motivation.
Career Paths for Graduates
- In Food Processing industries, especially in the field of research and development (R&D), quality control (QC), quality assurance (QA), and production
- Food entrepreneurs
- Nutrition consultants
Food Processing Industries that have employed graduates of WMCUS Food Technology Study Program are:
- PT ABC Central Food Industry – PT Campina Ice Cream
- PT Hakiki Donarta – PT Java Biocolloid
- PT Danone Dairy Indonesia – PT Intiboga Sejahtera
- PT Santos jaya Abadi – PT ISM Bogasari Flour Mills
- PT Smart Tbk – PT Landkrone Indo Nutri
- PT Surya Alam Tunggal – PT Bumi Menara Internusa
- PT Intiboga Sejahtera – PT Siantar Top
- PT Avila Prima Intra Makmur – PT Fugui Flour & Grain Indonesia
- PT Indesso – PT Arnott’s Indonesia
- PT Nutrifood Indonesia – PT Garuda Food
- PT Sekar Bumi, PT Sekar Alam, dan PT Sekar Laut
- PT Heavenly Nutrition Indonesia, dll