The Physics Education Study Program produces professionals with a Bachelor of Physics Education with an additional competency advantage, that is capable of developing computer-based science learning media and being able to conduct work of Physics in English.
What is learned in the Physics Education Study Program ?
Courses in this program are organized into several groups :
- Basic Level, such as : Basic Physics, Calculus, Statistics, Mathematics
- Secondary Level, such as : Mechanics, Electromagnetics, Optics, Thermodynamics
- Advanced Level, such as : Modern Physics, Quantum Physics, Nuclear Physics, Physics of Statistics, Physics of Solid Substance
- Physics Education, such as : Basic Education of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Learning Evaluation, High School Physic Teaching
- Physics Practicum from the basic to advanced levels
- Additional competencies for Computer and English fields
- Elective course, such as : Classroom Action Researchm, Holographic Technique, Earth and Space Sciences, High School Mathematics
How is the study carried out in the Physics Education Study Program ?
- A conducive academic environment that allows students to achieve optimally and gain experience conducting research together with their professors, becoming a tutor/mentor for other students, being actively involved in various scientific and academic activities, such as Student Creativity Program (or Program Kreativitas Mahasiswa/PKM), National Olympics competition (or Olimpiade Nasional MIPA/ON-MIPA), Forum for Physics Students (or Forum Mahasiswa Fisika (FORMASI) for East Java, and other competitions at the national and international levels.
- Students receive guidance and support throughout their study by lecturers and professors who graduated from universities in Indonesia and abroad with academic degree of having a Master or Doctoral degree.
- As one of the winners of Education Quality Improvement Competition Grant (or Hibah Kompetisi Peningkatan Mutu Pendidikan) in 2006, I-MHERE grant for 2006-2010 who were both funded by the Ministry of Education and Education Revitalization of Math and Natural Sciences Education in 2010, this Physics Education Study Program has various development program and sophisticated learning facilities, such as elaborate and complete laboratories, such as Physics Laboratory, Scientific Learning Media Laboratory, Computational Laboratory, Microteaching Laboratory, Self Access Center, Physics Reading Room, Learning Media Production Studio.
- The same adequate quality is also conducted regarding collaboration with other academic institutions, such as : various elementary schools and middle high schools where students can conduct their Practice Field Experience, private universities that are part of Association of Catholic Higher Education Institutions (or Asosiasi Perguruan Tinggi Katolik/APTIK) and public universities for seminars, research and other activities, as well as cooperation in the field of physic education with the Physics Education Research Center of Kansas State University in Kansas, USA.
- At the end of their study, each graduate will receive a Teaching Certificate.
What do our graduates do for their career ?
With a strong mastery of Physics, professional ethics in education, and the ability to teach Physics in English, graduates of this program have a great opportunity to work in the education sector as a teacher. Additional expertise and skills in the field of Information Technology enable graduates to develop Physics education media and can work in other fields that utilize science and technology