Early Childhood Education Study Program produces bachelor level graduates who are professional and with intellectual superiority, creativity and spirituality that can compete nationally dan internationally.
Operating license: Kepmenristekdikti number 137/KPT/I/2016, dated 30 March 2016; Duration of study : 7-8 semester / total credits of 144 credits
What is learned in the Early Childhood Education Study Program?
The main courses include:
- Early Childhood Development
- Assesment of Early Childhood Development
- Early Childhood Curriculum Development (learning the variety of curricula used in in kindergarten (or Taman Kanak-Kanak/TK), Raudhatul Athfal (or RA, which is a form of ECE in Islamic schools, playgroup (or Kelompok Bermain/KB), daycare (or Tempat Penitipan Anak/TPA), and early grades of elementary school
- Development of Moral, Language, Science, Mathematics & Social Emotional in Early Childhood
- Inclusive Education & Child Protection
- Implementation Management of Early Childhood Education program
- Play and Games in Early Childhood Education
- Creative Educational Game Tools for Children in Early Childhood
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Applications in Early Childhood Education
- English and Its Application in Early Childhood Teaching;
How is the learning process carried out ?
- Lecturers in Early Childhood Education Study Program graduated from abroad and within Indonesia who are qualified as Professors with Doctor and Master degrees.
- Early Childhood Education Study Program has a wide network of cooperation with various schools and educational and training institutions, domestic and foreign, so that students can gain experience of Early Childhood Education management and an ideal place for potential teachers and Early Childhood Education consultants / experts,
- Conducive academic atmosphere that allows students to perform optimally and gain experience in conducting research with their professors, attending lecturers and student seminars, tutoring other students and actively engaging in student activities, participating in student creativity program, joining the HIMPAUDI of East Java and having the opportunity to attend various festivals and competitions at the university’s internal level,
- Learning facilities greatly help the quality and achievement in student’s learning process; among those facilities are:
- Development of Educative Game Tool in Early Childhood Education Laboratory;
- Digital Language Laboratory;
- Multimedia Laboratory;
- Microteaching Laboratory
- At the end of the study, each graduate will obtain a Certificate of Teaching
What are the competencies of graduates ?
Graduates of Early Childhood Education Study Program have the main competencies:
- Analyze the needs and problems of children in early childhood, apply the principles of holistic learning in early childhood education, design and develop learning models relevant to the needs of early childhood;
- Produce the design and development of curriculum models, educational game tools and the provision of creative and innovative early childhood education;
- Organize and manage early childhood educational institution that upholds the rights of all children to have proper education that is feasible for their physical and psychological growth and development;
- Be able to deliver teaching and learning in English;
- Be an entrepreneur in organizing, developing and managing an institution.
What are the career paths for graduates ?
Graduates of Early Childhood Education Studies Program can work as:
- Early Childhood Education Teachers/Educators in kindergarten, playgroup, daycare, and early grades of elementary school in public and private institutions,
- Early Childhood Education consultants in kindergarten, playgroup, daycare, and early grades of elementary school classes in government and private institutions,
- Early Childhood Education consultants/caregivers in daycares at organizations/offices,
- Entrepreneurs related to PAUD institutions.
Course Time in the Early Childhood Education Study Program
Lectures are held from Monday to Friday. Early Childhood Education Study Program provides two choices of time to take classes:
- Morning sessions: 08:00 – 13:00
- Afternoon sessions: 15:00 – 20:00
Early Childhood Education (Prodi PG-PAUD)
Fakultas Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan
Universitas Katolik Widya Mandala Surabaya
Jl. Kalijudan 37, Surabaya 60114
Telephone : (031) 389-1265 ; Fax : (031) 389-1267
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org