The Food Technology Study Program produces qualified graduates possessing an entrepreneurial spirit in the field of food technology to produce findings, concepts, information and ideas in food processing technology.
This study program provides knowledge, insight, and experience on food processing technology in order to achieve efficient processing and be able to produce healthy, safe, attractive, and high value food products.
What is being studied in the Food Technology Study Program?
The course in Food Technology Study Program consists of compulsory and elective courses.
Compulsory courses include:
- Food Chemistry and Biochemistry, Knowledge of Materials, Food Nutrition,
- Food Processing Technology (Vegetation and Animal), Food Analysis
- Food Quality Control and Sensory Test
- Food Entrepreneurship and Food Marketing Management, etc.
Elective courses include:
- Processing Technology (PT) for various processed food products (bread and cakes PT, milk PT, sugar and confectionary PT, coffee and chocolate PT, tea PT, drinks PT, noodles and pasta PT,)
- Traditional Food Fermentation Technology; Food Biotechnology
- Functional Food Technology; Fortification and Nutrition Formulation; Nutrition Evaluation
- Production Planing Inventory Control, etc
What does the study look like in Food Technology Study Program?
Academic activities in the Food Technology Study Program not only include lectures and lab work on campus, but also research and community services, conducted as a collaboration between lecturers and students. Students can engage in research that is applicable or can be implemented in the real world as a provision for food entrepreneurship.
Food Technology Study Program has always been a partner of government institutions such as The National Agency of Drug and Food Control of Republic of Indonesia (BPOM), Food Security Agency (BKP), and Public Health Office, in conducting community development and services.
In order to support the needs of having more Food Technologists in this multinational industry era, therefore since 2010, collaboration with The Hague University – Netherland has been formed through a Double Degree 3 + 1 program for fourth semester students who have high achievement, ability and motivation.
What are the career paths for Food Technology graduates?
- In Food Processing industries, especially in the field of research and development (R&D), quality control (QC), quality assurance (QA), and production
- Food entrepreneur
- Nutrition consultant
Food Processing industries that have absorbed graduates of Food Technology Study Program at WMCUS are:
- PT ABC Central Food Industry – PT Campina Ice Cream
- PT Hakiki Donarta – PT Java Biocolloid
- PT Danone Dairy Indonesia – PT Intiboga Sejahtera
- PT Santos jaya Abadi – PT ISM Bogasari Flour Mills
- PT Smart Tbk – PT Landkrone Indo Nutri
- PT Surya Alam Tunggal – PT Bumi Menara Internusa
- PT Intiboga Sejahtera – PT Siantar Top
- PT Avila Prima Intra Makmur – PT Fugui Flour & Grain Indonesia
- PT Indesso – PT Arnott’s Indonesia
- PT Nutrifood Indonesia – PT Garuda Food
- PT Sekar Bumi, PT Sekar Alam, and PT Sekar Laut
- PT Heavenly Nutrition Indonesia, etc.