The Management Study Program of Widya Mandala Catholic University Surabaya studies the science of management with a commitment to produce graduates that are recognized by professional institutions in the management field and able to create jobs independently through entrepreneurial spirit and mastery of technology and information.
What Students Learn in the Management Study Program
- Financial Management
Understanding the principles of the financial sciences and being able to apply them in financial decision-making, risk analysis and return investments in various areas of an organization, especially those related to investment management, funding and dividend policy. All of these are supported by the mastery of computer technology and managerial skills in an effective way based on norms, ethics, and professional responsibilities. Financial Management covers the following topics among others:
- Portfolio Management and Investment Analysis
- Management of Financial Institutions
- Theory of Corporate Finance
- Financial Information Analysis
- Marketing Management
Understanding the principles of management and consumer-oriented marketing strategy, being able to design and conduct research, and being able to analyze and use data in decision making and marketing problems using computer technology and statistics, and creating marketing design for service and manufacturing companies. Marketing Management covers the following topics among others:
- Consumer Behavior
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing of Services
- Global Marketing
- Human Resource Management
Understanding basic concepts of HR management as well as skills in identifying, formulating and providing solution on HR issues. In addition, students will be able to apply various aspects of HR systems that are used to manage from withdrawal up to the separation of human resources. Human resource management is carried out by upholding the principle of a balance between the rights and obligations of worker and company, based on norms, values, morals, religions, ethics and work professionalism. Human Resource Management covers the following topics among others:
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Research
- Industrial Psychology
- Labor Law
- Training Management
- Retail Business Management
Understanding the concept of retail business and being able to apply it into a strategic decision making in business design, operational or marketing of retail business with the mastery of information technology and managerial capabilities based on norms, morals, ethics and professional responsibilities. Retail Business Management covers the following topics among others:
- Retail Operaations
- Merchandising and Retail Design
- Retail Mix Strategies
- Retail Technology and Information System
- Risk Management in Retail
Quality of Academic Environment in the Management Study Program
- The Management Study Program has a balance in preparing and supporting students in order for them to become graduate candidates who are ready to work and create jobs independently.
- The Management Study Program is supported by the Investment Gallery facility as a driving force for capital market learning and sponsored by PT Bursa Efek Indonesia and PT Indostock ITHO.
- The students are winners in various competitions, including the top 10 ASEAN levels in ASEAN Youth Stocks Challenge Competition CIMB Niaga 2012, and Danamon Young Leaders Award 2011
- The Management Study Program has cooperations with the right partners to implement the Financial Planner Certification Program (CFP) and Capital Market Professional Standard.
- In addition to academic activities, students are equipped with self-development opportunity through student entrepreneurship programs (PWM) funded by the Directorate General of Higher Education (DIKTI) Jakarta, entrepreneurship workshops, concentration training, and English proficiency
Career Paths for Graduates
- As practitioners in finance (financial planners, credit analysts, investment areas), marketing, human resources (career planners, training management), and retail (modern retailer), logistic service Provider and manufacturing.
- As entrepreneurs
- As academicians