What Students Learn in the Pharmacy Study Program (for Bachelor level)
Students of the Pharmacy Study Program of WMCUS is equipped with various subjects that cover pharmaceutical sciences field, with specific subjects such as:
- Anaylysis of Pharmaceutical Preparations
- Formulation and Technology of Solid, Semi Solid, Liquid, and Sterile Preparations
- Drug Delivery System
- Formulation of Traditional Drugs
- Basic Pharmacy Community
Professional Pharmacist Study Program
Once students finish the Bachelor program in Pharmacy, they can enter the Professional Pharmacist Study Program. Students of the Pharmacist Profession Study Program are equipped with various subjects covering 2 areas of interest, namely Industrial Pharmacy and Clinical Pharmacy Clinic. The length of study for the Pharmacist Profession Study Program is 1 year (2 semesters) with a study load of 37 credits, covering 33 credits of compulsory courses and 4 credits of elective courses that include Pharmacist Profession Practices in Industry, Hospitals, Pharmacies, Public Health Centers (known as Puskesmas in Indonesia), Pharmaceutical Wholesalers, and Government.
Quality of Academic Environment
- Educational programs that are polyvalent with excellence in the field of pharmaceutical industry, supported by specific courses for these advantages.
- Educators and staff that are professional in their field and committed in achieving excellence.
- A compact and up-to-date curriculum that allows for faster completion of studies for Pharmacy bachelor study program and more in line with what the stakeholders need. There is also the existence of a combination package of the Pharmacist Profession Study Program and the Master degree in Strategic Management offered at the Graduate School that can be taken within a total of 16 months.
- The development of student’s soft-skills through awareness program, mentoring, outbound, internship, excursion study, and student activity point (PK2).
- Ideal class and laboratory facilities with sufficient quantities.
- Various scholarships are offered to help financially disadvantaged students.
- An alumni network (ALFAWIMA) that is strong enough to facilitate job search process after graduation, exchange of information between alumni, and implementation of continuing education for alumni.
- Supported with cooperations between the Faculty of Pharmacy with various agencies:
Association of Pharmacy in Universities (Asosiasi Perguruan Tinggi Farmasi or shortened as APTFI) and various educational institutions who are members of APTFI (Universitas Airlangga, Universitas Surabaya, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Universitas, etc.), Indonesian Pharmacist Association (Ikatan Apoteker Indonesia), Health Research and Development Agency under the Indonesia’s Ministry of Health (Badan Penelitian dan Pengembangan Kesehatan Kementrian Kesehatan Indonesia), Research and Development center of Medicinal Plants and Traditional Medicines (Balai Besar Penelitian dan Pengembangan Tanaman Obat dan Obat Tradisional), Health Offices in East Java Province and Surabaya city (Dinas Kesehatan Provinsi Jawa Timur dan Kota Surabaya), Indonesian Center for Drug and Food Control Surabaya (Balai Besar Pengawasan Obat dan Makanan Surabaya), International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE), Association of Asian School of Pharmacist (AASP), Faculty of Medicine of Universitas Hang Tuah Surabaya, University College Sedaya International (UCSI)-Malaysia, dan Chongqing University-China.
PT Otto Pharmaceutical Laboratories, PT Indofarma, PT Phapros, PT Pertiwi Agung, PT Combiphar, PT Coronet Crown, PT Sanbe Farma, PT Aditamaraya Farmindo, PT Novartis Biochemie, PT Sandai Farma, PT Dexa Medika, PT Ferron Par Pharmaceutical, PT Schering Plough Indonesia, PT Kalbe Farma, PT Hexpharm Jaya, PT Otsuka Indonesia, PT Sidomuncul, PT Caprifarmindo, PT Bernofarm, PT Biofarma, PT. Bayer Indonesia, PT. Jamu Borobudur, PT. Javaplant, dan Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD) Singapore.
Hospitals and Public Health Centers (Puskesmas)
Dr. Soetomo Hospital in Surabaya, Dr. Ramelan Hospital in Surabaya, Dr. Syaiful Anwar Hospital in Malang, Vincentius A Paulo Hospital in Surabaya, Pelabuhan Hospital Center (PHC), Bethesda Hospital in Yogyakarta, dr Sarjito Hospital in Yogyakarta, Siloam Hospital in Surabaya, Bumrungrad International Hospital in Thailand, and various public health centers in Surabaya.
Kimia Farma Pharmacy in Surabaya, some private pharmacies in Surabaya (Pandugo Pharmacy, Savira Pharmacy, Tirta Farma Pharmacy, Protha Pharmacy, etc.), PT Viva Generik, dan K-24 Pharmacy.
Other Health Services
PT Prodia Surabaya
Career Paths for Graduates
- As an entrepreneur in fields of medicine, food/beverage, and cosmetics.
- In pharmaceutical industry, traditional medicines industry, food/beverages industry, cosmetics industry, and medical devices industry in the Research and Development (R & D), Production, Quality Control (QC), and Quality Assurance (QA), purchasing, regulatory affairs , PPIC, business development, as well as a consultant to the pharmaceutical industry.
Several alumni have worked in: PT. Kalbe Farma, PT. Ferron Par Pharmaceuticals, PT. Pharos Indonesia, PT. Sanbe Farma, PT. Bayer Indonesia, PT. Pertiwi Agung, PT. Otto Pharmaceutical, PT. Coronet Crown, PT. Interbat, PT. Schering Plow Indonesia, PT. Sandai Farma, PT. Combiphar, PT. Rama Pharmaceutical, PT. Bernofarm, PT. Hexpharm Jaya, PT. Jamu Iboe Jaya, PT. Natura Laboratoria, PT. Vitapharm (Viva), PT. Rembaka (La Tullipe), Johnson & Johnson
- In hospitals, health clinics, beauty clinics, medical laboratories, pharmacists, being in charge of pharmacies/supervisors.
Several alumni have worked in: dr. Ramelan Al-Islam Hospital in Surabaya, Mitra Keluarga Hospitals in Surabaya, Premier Hospital in Surabaya, Siloam Hospital in Surabaya, Vincentius A. Paulo Catholic Hospital in Surabaya, regional/local hospitals, Prodia Clinic Laboratory, ErHa Beauty Clinic Pharmacy, Esther House Clinic of Beauty.
- Government Agencies: Health department, The National Agency of Drug and Food Control of Republic of Indonesia (shortened as BPOM in Bahasa Indonesia), the Indonesian Ministry of Health.
Several alumni have worked or currently work in: East Nusa Tenggara Provincial Health Office, West Nusa Tenggara Provincial Health Office, Papua Provincial Health Office, Surabaya City Health Office, The National Agency of Drug and Food Control of Republic of Indonesia (BPOM) of Kupang, The National Agency of Drug and Food Control of Republic of Indonesia (BPOM) of Manokwari and the Indonesian Ministry of Health.