Our IBM study program is designed for well-motivated and highly ambitious students who would like to make a career in international business. The program aims to hone their skills in all the theoretical and practical aspects of international business management. Having an international scope, the courses are conducted in the English language. As an active member of AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) we are committed to provide a quality higher education in the management field of study.
Our study program equips students with all aspects of international business management, with a strong foundation in marketing, human resources, finance, and operation functions. We develop a well-blended curriculum of applied science which specializing in international commerce and global supply chain. Emphasis of learning will also be given on ethics and social responsibility through our unique character-based curriculum and the one-on-one mentoring program.
The IBM is a four year (8-semester) program. The final semester allows students to take internship program in selected corporate partners and institutions. During their study period students will enjoy many educational activities including overseas study tour and other international programs such as student exchange and cultural immersion programs in our partner universities.
Our Unique IBM Curriculum
Ideology and Statemanship
Introduction to Business
Indonesian Language and Cultures
Principles of Accounting
Business English I
Philosophy of Religion
Philosophy of Man
Introduction to Management
Cross Cultural Business Communication
Business English II
Production and Operation Management
Human Resource Management
Quantitative Methods in Business
Innovation and Project Management
International Marketing Management
International Financial Management
Indonesian Business Law
Indonesian Economic Policy
Management Information System
Supply Chain Management
Business Risks & Sustainability Management
Export & Import Management
Cooperative and Small Business Management
Financial Information Analysis
Managing Multinational Corporation
Human Behavior in Business
Strategic Change Management
Asia Pacific Business Context
Special Topics in International Business
The Internship Program is a full semester on-the-job training program in our selected corporate partners. Internship project for students include working on solving real-life business problems, undertaking industry or sector-level studies, market research, or handling export-import processes.
The One-on-One Mentoring
The one-on-one mentoring program is a casual session between a faculty member and a student. Its aim is to bring the integration of knowledge, skills, and values down to the personal level. Each student is assigned his/her mentor upon entry into the university. This system of personal formation is a regular and private conversation between the student and his or her mentor about student life.
- Business leaders and managers in various fields of industry, especially those with high involvement to global markets.
- Business analysts in research institutes or business consultants.
- Young entrepreneurs and startuppers.
The IBM study program has set up academic collaborations with overseas institutions:
- 3+2 Dual Degree Program with the imMBA Program of Fu Jen Catholic University in New Taipei, Taiwan. Within only five years of study students will earn both Sarjana Manajemen and imMBA degrees.
- 2+1+1 Joint Degree Program with Australian Catholic University in Sydney, Australia, to earn Sarjana Manajemen and Bachelor of Business Administration degrees.
- 1.5+1.5+1 Joint Degree Program with Curtin University in Perth, Australia, to earn Sarjana Manajemen and Bachelor of Commerce degrees.
- Exchange Program in SolBridge International Business School, South Korea.
- Credit Earning Program in the July School of Australian Catholic University, Australia.
- Cultural Immersion programs in Kyungsung University (South Korea), Fu Jen Catholic University, Wenzao University, NTUST (Taiwan), De La Salle University – Dasmarinas and University of Asia and the Pacific (Philippines).
CED-WMCUS is a community engagement program that utilizes social entrepreneurship approaches for stimulating socio-economic development and environmental sustainability in the local communities.
The program provides structured opportunities for student participants to interact and work across cultures in developing sound ideas for a better future.
For more information about CED WMCUS 2020, click this link:
What global experts say about the current trends in international business?
“Basically all the world’s computer parts come from the same supply chain that runs from Korea, down through coastal China, over to Taiwan, and down to Malaysia.”
- Thomas Friedman, award-winning New York Times columnist and author of world’s bestseller, The World is Flat
“At P&G, we decided to stop being so company-centric, and start being customer-centric and demand-driven. We found when you do that, some amazing things happen.”
- Ralph Drayer, former supply chain VP at Procter & Gamble and founder and chairman of consulting firm Supply Chain Insights
“For our business, most of them turn out to be customer insights. Look at what’s important to the customers in our consumer-facing business. They want selection, low prices, and fast delivery.”
- Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO, Amazon.com
(UKWMS-26/2/2020) – Peluang bagi bangsa Indonesia untuk keluar dari jebakan pendapatan menengah (middle income trap), yakni pada periode bonus demografi. Bonus demografi adalah periode ketika jumlah penduduk usia produktif (15-64 tahun) lebih besar dibanding penduduk usia tidak produktif. Periode ini akan mencapai puncaknya pada tahun 2030, saat penduduk usia produktif mencapai 64 persen. Bonus demografi […]
(UKWMS-2/9/2019) – Beberapa tahun terakhir perekonomian global terus bergerak dalam bayang-bayang ketidakpastian, bahkan kini disertai meningkatnya resiko resesi. “Laporan IMF (International Monetary Fund-red) Interim Outlook di tahun 2016 telah memperingatkan bahwa pertumbuhan ekonomi dunia ke depan akan berada dalam low growth trap. Bahkan pada bulan Oktober 2019, IMF kembali merilis bahwa perlambatan pertumbuhan ekonomi sedang […]
(UKWMS-3/8/2019) – Mempelajari budaya asing kini tak harus datang ke Negara tujuan. Ada berbagai cara yang dapat dilakukan untuk bisa menggabungkan berbagai kebudayaan dari Negara yang berbeda. Hal ini yang dilakukan oleh AIESEC Surabaya bekerja sama dengan Fakultas Bisnis Universitas Katolik Widya Mandala Surabaya (UKWMS) di Plaza St. Agustinus, pada Sabtu (3/8) 2019 sore. “Kali […]