The Accounting Study Program (a Bachelor level) is a study program that produces professional undergraduates in accounting with their foundation in entrepreneurial spirit and has a basic proficiency in areas of internal and external examination, management accounting, taxation, and information systems.
What Students Learn in the Accounting Study Program
Lectures are equipped with practical modules so students can easily understand business processes and accounting according to actual practice. Specific courses that can be selected to support accounting career:
- Advanced Accounting Auditing: studying financial audits based on programs and procedures, also creating working papers and audit reports.
- Tax Planning: learning the anticipated tax implications on business activities as well as finding alternatives to maximize the after-tax value of a business decision
- Advanced Internal Auditing: studying the practice of an internal auditor within an organization
- Technology-Based Information Auditing: examines various audit techniques using information technology both in the audit of financial statements and in the management of IT-based information systems.
- System Analysis and Planning: learning the design, development, implementation and management of information systems in a business organization.
- Business Practice Lecture: providing students the opportunity to experience firsthand the company’s business activities, identify business problems while delivering real solutions.
Quality of Academic Environment
- The curriculum is designed to provide basic professional education: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Tax Consultant, and Qualified Internal Auditor (QIA).
- This study program is supported by the cooperation with Qualified Internal Auditor Standards Board as a Qualified Internal Auditor (QIA) certification provider in Surabaya and SAA Global Education Singapore for professional accountant education.
- Cooperated internship programs are available with public accounting firms, tax consultants, and manufacturing companies, such as:
- PT HM Sampoerna
- PT Charoen Phokphand
- PT Sutindo Anugerah Sejahtera
- Insera Sena (Polygon)
- Santos Jaya Abadi (Kapal Api)
- PT Kompas Gramedia
- PT Bank UOB Indonesia
- PB Taxand
- KAP Tjahjadi, Pradhono & Teramihardja
- KAP Paul Hadiwinata Hidajat Arsono & Rekan
- PT Jamu Iboe
- KAP Drs Mudjianto, Soenaryo, Ginting
- In addition to lectures, students are prepared to develop themselves with various activities in student organization specific for accounting students, activities to support academic skills and soft skills, such as accounting games, taxation workshops, auditing workshops, company visits, preparation for exams, etc.
Career Paths for Graduates
- In Public Accounting Firms: Ernest & Young, Pricewaterhouse Cooper, Deloitte, PKF and Drs. Tanzil & Partners
- Tax and Accounting Consultants: PB Taxand, Pentatrust, etc.
- In Companies: PT Astra International Tbk, PT Bank BCA Tbk, PT Bank Mandiri Tbk., PT Bank CIMB Niaga, Tbk. PT HM Sampoerna Tbk, PT Adaro, Tbk, etc.
- Financial Audit Agencies (Badan Pemeriksaan Keuangan or shortened as BPK)
- Bank of Indonesia (Bank Indonesia)
- Directorate General of Taxation
- Lecturers/Academicians in universities